Friday, November 12, 2010

TONIGHT'S MOOD OF MY OWN ; DON'T TAKE ME SERIOUSLY !

" I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning, I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

I'm afraid it is a very important person who actually said such a thing.

I'd love to let you guess who ! But think : a very daring person, though dead by now.
Cigar in hand, a whisky "shaken, not stirred" ( kidding only and letting you slide towards a wrong answer !).

He could have been hanging out with Hemingway and the likes at the Ritz but rather in times of war .... that's what that man was interested in and what he was good at.

CHURCHILL of course ! Who else would have the guts to even utter such an unbecoming phrase to a lady ?!!!

But that English man also knew how to laugh at himself:

" I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."

No comments: