PARIS QUARTIER D’ETE : for once, Paris is one almighty QUARTIER, not those 20 or so different villages. And while entire France lays below a skyful of clouds, drenching rains and below 10° , Parisians will have a good share of activities of all kinds.
UNDER THE STARS
- Haven’t you dreamt of a reclining chair, a warm throw and the stars above you while your eyes are glued to a huge open air screen and you feel totaly immersed in “Les Duellistes” from Ridley Scott with David Carradine and Harvey Keitel ?
Check that out as among others, “Les Duellistes” is being shown in the Cour d’ honneur des Invalides. And also in the Cour d’honneur des Invalides, until August 9th, 2011, the splendid retrospective photographs of Agathe POUPENEY .
Many other events in as classy places as Eglise Sainte Eustache, arènes de Montmartre and many museums, parks and gardens on QUARTIER D'ETE
- Cinéma en Plein Air in the Parc de la Villette until August 21st, 2011
- Cinéma au Clair de Lune in such magical places as Montmartre, Place des Vosges and Ménilmontant.
FOR YOUR EARS ONLY
- Rock and freak pop at Le Nouveau Casino with the likes of American duo Yacht.
- Reclining chairs on 50 tons of fine sand , a stage in front of you and some fun music at GLAZART until September 11th, 2011.
- Great jazz at the New Morning with Lucky Peterson and a young 77 years old pianist René URTREGER until August 20th, 2011.
Photographer David MUSHEGAIN is better known in VOGUE Paris and VOGUE Japan, but this time, this Californian who delights in setting his black and white lens on a way of looking, he is the artist of day to day life : “ every day, I see a person I want to photograph or talk to”. The intrigue behind every face.
Exhibit “Don’t Call It Cool” to be seen at Colette until August 27th, 2011.
213 rue Saint-Honoré
“Not For Sale” : a selection of works of art which, for one reason or another, could not be sold, would not be sold, or would be kept in the gallerie"’s vaults for speculation or because the artist is somewhat special. Behind the galerie’s scenes, in other words.
Passage du Retz
9 rue Charlot
Until November 21st, 2011.
Hussein CHALAYAN with “Récits de Mode” at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs : fashion and architecture, video and design; en exploration into diverse fields ranging from sculpture to furniture to special effects : FUN in other words.
“Récits de Mode” until November 13th, 2011
Musée des Arts Décoratifs
107 rue de Rivoli